Wednesday 10 April 2013

WEBSITE DRAFTS AND PROCESS

To create my website for my artist, I used the website creator 'Wix.com'. It is an easy site to use with hundreds of templates to chose from, whilst also being able to manipulate them in whatever way you want.

I chose a template that had quite a neutral tone to it with pastel colours, the background was also cartoon clouds which I thought fit well with my music video. After looking at the codes and conventions of websites and creating my mockups, I had a clear idea of what I wanted my website to look like. It also helped a lot during the process that I had drafts of my music video and digipak avalible, this acted as second and third references that I could look back on and make sure it was all flowing together and had continuity throughout my products.

To start off, I created the main title for my website. I wanted to use blue and white as a house style colour throughout all 3 products so I simply used the brush tool in Photoshop and set the opacity to 20% on the blue colour. I then painted diagonal lines across the page which appeared really light. After this I changed the opacity to 50% and did the same thing, and then once again changed the opacity to 90% and once again drew diagonal lines across the image. Doing so created a sky like texture so the background wasn't just a solid blue colour which I think would look boring. To add the text, I used the font which I also used in my digipak, I downloaded the font from DaFont.com as I wasn't too keen on the preset fonts on Photoshop, the font also had a unique 'handwriting' look to it which I liked.
Thinking back to my AS coursework, I remembered having 'EXCLUSIVE!' in black writing on a solid yellow background, this immediately attracts the audiences attention and will especially stand out on my blue and white themed website. I wanted to include this again as I think it will show the importance of the new music video to the audience and make them feel like they part of an exclusive update. I added a drop shadow to add more depth to the image, and simply used the same font again in black.
Draft 1:
First draft of the top of my website so far. I added some text under the main heading which says 'DEBUT ALBUM OUT NOW!' 'NEOPOLITAN DREAMS' I thought this would automatically grab the readers attention, placing it under the header seemed a good option as it's the first thing the audience see when visiting a website, so placing it under the header will show it's an update and new. I still need to change some of the writing on my website as it's preset from the wix template.

Draft 2:
I decided to add some plugging techniques and social networking sites to my website to make it appeal to active audiences and also younger audiences. I simply created a text on Photoshop that reads 'GET INVOLVED! FOLLOW LISA! TWITTER YOUTUBE INSTAGRAM' I then on the right hand side placed 3 icons. However, looking back at it is looks quite messy and I think I can definately improve on this. I also realised I wrote 'Youtube' but didn't add a Youtube icon, and I also included a Facebook icon, but didn't write 'Facebook'. I have also embedded a link to my final music video (not currently the final video but will change the embed link once finished)

Draft 3:
I decided to change the social networking text and imagery on my website. To do this I simply opened up Photoshop and chose a more bold font that would stand apart from the handwriting font for the main header. I then saved the icons for Youtube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and cropped these into the file. I chose to use these particular social networking sites as I think they are the most popular, especially to the younger audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment